Monday, October 12, 2020

White Bean Caprese Salad


 I love to cook, and for the first time in a long time when I cook, I am cooking for an audience of one.  Prior to Ron's death, I was always trying to please him.  Now, I make what I want.  So, here's a recipe Ron would have hated, but I made it for lunch on a hot day last week, and I loved it!  It takes all of five minutes to make.  It's filling and healthy.  I hope you try it.

                               White Bean Caprese Salad

1 14 ounce can white beans, like cannellini (I used great northern beans) rinsed

5 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved

5 ounces small mozzarella balls, torn into bite size pieces

1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn

2 T. olive oil, or more if needed

kosher salt and black pepper

2 tsp good (thick)balsamic vinegar, plus more if needed

Coarse, flaky salt

Combine beans, tomatoes, cheese and half the basil and toss.  Add the olive oil and seas with salt and pepper.  Put on serving plates, then drizzle blasamic vinegar and top with the remaining basil.  Finish with flaky salt.  Serves about 3 people as a main course.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment