Monday, October 19, 2020

Some Sage Advice

I don't think I've ever asked my readers to advise me on anything in all the years I've been writing this blog, but I am now.  My mom Dorothy, age 97, living in her own home where she intends to stay for the remainder of her life, wants to remodel.  Her beautiful home in Westwood is in need of some updating.  She is getting estimates on remodeling her bathroom, getting rid of her bathtub (unsafe), putting in a huge shower, and making everything handicap accessible, should that be needed.  The remodel will take about a month.  There will be workers in her home everyday.  Should she do it?  Is it safe to do?  Is it too risky?  

Your thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.  No, this is not something she HAS to do, but it would make her life safer and more enjoyable, and if not now, when?  Please respond with your thoughts either on this blog in the comments section, or e-mail me.  I know that if she doesn't do it now, she will probably never do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment