Monday, December 28, 2020

Are You Getting The Covid-19 Vaccine?

 Now that the Pfizer vaccine is available, seniors will be among the first to receive it.  The question is, will they take it?  I will!!!  I was having coffee with a friend recently who said she would not take the vaccine until she saw more long term evidence of its efficacy and effects.  The problem with that is TIME.  If you wait another year to get the vaccine, that means you will stay in for the next year, because without the vaccine, the virus will still be around.

Her argument is that the polio vaccine took 4 years to develop and distribute.  The difference is that this time around, we put all hands, worldwide, into developing a vaccine.  I don't think that was done with polio.  I certainly don't believe everything I read or hear, but I do believe that the epidemiologists and virologists who are studying the results are giving us the straight story.  At some point you have to put your trust in someone, and I trust science.  I believe that the vaccine is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment