Wednesday, February 10, 2021

What To Do During Lockdown

 


You've probably been looking for things to keep yourself busy during this unimaginably difficult time.  I have returned to cooking, one of my great loves.  I was making Pavlova one day when my hand mixer died.  The following day I bought a beautiful next counter mixer.  It's a beautiful blue, and has all the bells and whistles.  As soon as I got it I started cooking up a storm.  Cookies, meringues, and bread.  Yes, bread.  

This was my first attempt at bread.  It looks gorgeous, but in all honesty does not taste as good as it looks.  It is too dense.  I like bread with air spaces inside that is light and airy.  I will keep trying.  Phil told me to slice it up, freeze it, and use it for toast.  That's exactly what I did.  It is so much better toasted

The following day I was thinking about what to make for lunch.  I had a nice ripe avocado available, so I made avocado toast.  I toasted my homemade bread, smashed 1/4 of a large avocado and salted it, put sliced tomatoes on top, and finished it off with a poached egg.  It was a wonderful lunch, so good in fact that I made the very same thing the following day.  If I make anything fantastic in the next few weeks, you will see it here on my blog.  Until, enjoy your home cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment