Monday, February 14, 2022

Second Booster May Get Us To The Finish Line

I'm getting my second booster shot on Valentine's Day.  It's the best present I can get.  Although it's impossible to find anything on the CDC website categorically stating that the second booster is needed, many medical officials have stated that the booster shot wanes after about 4 months, and a second booster is needed.  Israel has authorized the second booster.  I believe they are on the right path, so I am following their lead.

I have spoken to several doctors who all recommend a second booster for seniors and immunocompromised people.  We are getting close to "back to normal," and we don't want to blow it.

The government messaging on boosters has been horrible.  Very smart people don't know what to do.  As with anything medical, check with your doctor before getting vaccinated, and use your own common sense.  My common sense tells me to get the second vaccine, so  as of February 14, I will be double boosted.

Whether your get your second booster now or later, please tell everyone you know to check into the second booster.  The more people safely vaccinated, the less likely we all are of contracting Covid-19.

I was just listening to Farreed Zacaria.  Denmark, which is 81% vaccinated and never had a vaccine or mask mandate, just lifted all Covid restrictions.  It was concluded that the reason they did so well in fighting Covid-19 was two fold.  One, the citizens have a very high degree of confidence in their government, and two, the citizens have trust in one another.  Well, unfortunately those are two metrics that we fail at miserably right now, so we'll have to find another way to defeat Covid.  Vaccinations work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment