Monday, February 28, 2022

Sweetgreen Is Sweet

There's always room for another taco shop, burger place, or salad restauarant, if you make the new place better than the others.  I just discovered Sweetgreen, a casual dining restaurant serving fresh as can be salads, bowls and plates.  You can choose one of their creations, or make your own combination of foods.

Sweetgreen first opened in 2007.  Founded by three college buddies, they now have 140 locations nationwide, and are listed on the NYSE.

When you go there, expect to find the freshest ingredients and the highest quality food.  I had a bowl with kale, almonds, sweet potato, blackened chicken,  sunchokes and other root vegetables, quinoa and wild rice, all tossed in a light miso vinegrette.  I I didn't think I could finished it, but I ate every last bit.  

The restaurant just opened a few days ago, but it was packed.  It's in Carlsbad on El Camino Real.  Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment