Friday, April 1, 2022

Great Meal For Everyone


 I promise not to bore you with recipe after recipe, since I'm on WW now, but I just have to share this one, since it's a great meal for everyone!  I call it Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.  It's a one pan dish that takes about 15 minutes to prepare, and just 25 minutes to cook.  The way I made it, it was a 2 point meal, plus tortillas, and my WW buddies Marilyn and Melanie gave me a tortilla brand that is only 1 point each for flour tortillas, so for 4 points you can have a satisfying, healthy meal.

                                                Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas

1 lb. chicken tenders cut into 1 inch (or a little less) strips

1/2 yellow pepper cut in strips

1/2 red pepper cut in strips

1/2 orange pepper cut in strips

you can use bell pepper if you want, but I don't like it

1 onion, peeled and cut in wedges

1-2 tomatoes cut in wedges

Dry rub:  2 tsp oregano, 2 tsp chili powder (less if you don't like to spicy), 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper to taste.  3 garlic cloves, minced.  Mix all together.

You want to coat the chicken and veggies with the dry rub mix.  I put them in a plastic bag, then add dry rub, and massage ingredients to coat.  You may need a little extra rub.

Place parchment paper on sheet pan, spray with olive oil spray.  Arrange coated chicken and veggies on the tray in single rows.  Add a little extra cumin on top and extra salt. 

Cook at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro if desired., a   I serve in a large bowl or platter with warm flour tortillas and some salsa on the side.  Your family will never guess this is a WW meal.

Try La Banderita flour tortillas, 1 point each, available at Walmart, Target and Ralphs.


No comments:

Post a Comment