Wednesday, April 6, 2022

In The Mood For Italian? Try Via Vai



 I had a delightful surprise last Wednesday night when Phyllis and I went to dinner at the new Italian hotspot in Carlsbad, Via Vai.  Large portions, delicious food, and great service.

It's a family owned restaurant on State St, and I loved everything about it. First, the menu.  All the reugular items you would expect, like carcioti, paparadelle con agnello, salmone zafferano, caesar salad, lasagna, and tagiatelle vongole tartufate.  Second, the food.  I had a cream of cauliflower that was as smoothe as silk, with fried pancetta on top.  Divine.  I also had the polenta con agnello, polenta topped with a rich lamb ragu sauce.  Portion sizes were huge.  Phyllis had a chicken breast in a lemon caper sauce, with broccoli and carrots.  Phyllis took half of it home.  My advice, split everything.

Third and finally, service was efficient and friendly.  This is a great restaurant for anyone who wants to make their own dish.  Choose your past and choose for 6-8 different sauces.  Walk off your dinner by strolling around old Carlsbad after your meal.  I hope you can try Via Vai.


No comments:

Post a Comment