Monday, July 11, 2022

Do You Suffer From FOMO?

Are you a social butterfly who feels the need to attend every party, luncheon, meeting and card game?  If you are, you may have FOMO, or fear of missing out.  Many people, old and young, feel the need to attend every gathering with every group.  It's exhausting just to think about.

I don't know about you, but as I have gotten older I still love to socialize, but not just all the time!  Whereas I used to go non stop from morning till night, I don't do that anymore.  I need my afternoon nap, or at the very least, a 30 minute rest some time during the day,

Why do some people feel they need to go to everything?  A psychologist would surely have some answers to that question.  I try to find balance in life.  It feels better for me.  I am happy to be invited to many things, but I don't feel the need to attend everything.  I hope I'm not attending events just to say I was there.  I have become more selective as I've aged.  FOMO could make you anxious and stressed.  Sometimes it's just too much.  Let's all slow down a bit, relax, and stop and smell the roses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment