Friday, December 30, 2022

Cream of Broccoli Soup Without Guilt


 I love soup, and since I've been on WW for the past year, soup has become a mainstay of my diet.  Not just the boring old vegetable soup which we all know, but cream soups.  Yes, cream soups.  I have perfected cream of carrot, cream of mushroom, and cream of cauliflower soup.  I usually make one of those each week and eat it for lunch with a half sandwich.  Delicious, satisfying and guilt free.  

I decided to try cream of broccoli.  There are only three ingredients in the recipe, and you wouldn't know there's no milk or cream.  Here's the recipe I made, and can't wait to enjoy this week.


                                                   Cream of Broccoli Soup

Broccoli (I bought crowns, and cut them up, but you could buy a whole big piece and cut.  Do not use frozen broccoli)

Chicken broth

Non fat sour cream

I'm sorry I can't be too specific about the amounts, but I think I used about 24 ounces of chicken broth, and about 6 large tablespoons on non fat sour cream.  I must have used 1/2 pound of broccoli, or more.

Spray broccoli with olive oil spray, season with a bit of salt, and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Transfer to a large soup pot, add chicken broth, and cook until broccoli is tender.  In at least 2 batches, transfer to a blender, a mix of the broccoli and chicken broth, and add several tablespoons of non fat sour cream.  I use a Ninja, which pulverizes everything, and it comes out nice and smooth.  Transfer to a large bowl, season with salt as need, and continue the process until all the soup is made.  

Transfer to a large air tight container and refrigerate.  It will keep for about a week.  You'll be surprised how smooth and creamy it is, all for just 1 WW point!  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment