Friday, December 16, 2022

Pumpkin Spice Latte Pudding

 I often watch The Kitchen on The Food Network while I'm eating lunch.  The food they make and the creativity they exhibit are amazing.  I was watching one day in November when they were doing a Thanksgiving themed show.  Katie made a pumpkin dessert that looked so good I made it the very next day.  I adapted it to my Weight Watchers program, so the whole dessert, made the WW way, is only about 4 points.  I will give you both versions.  WW version is in (  ) Enjoy.


                                                     Pumpkin Spice Latte Pudding

1 package instant vanilla pudding (or sugar free instant vanilla pudding)

11/2 c. milk (non fat milk)

2T. espresso powder

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/2 c. pumpkin puree

Pinch of salt

3oz thin ginger snaps, crispy, not soft, crushed in a plastic bag (big crumbs)

1 c. whipped cream (cool whip)

Prepare the pudding by putting packaged pudding, milk, espresso powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in bow and stirring until it starts to thicken.  Then add the pumpkin puree and refrigerate for about an hour, until pudding is set.

In the meantime, crush the ginger snaps.  To serve, layer like a parfait.  A little ginger snap mixture on the bottom, pudding, more ginger snaps, pudding and top with whipped cream.  This is delicious, healthy, low in WW points if you want, and perfect for fall and winter.  I think it will become your new favorite dessert.  And perfect for guests, as you can make it well in advance.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment