Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Dessert from Paula Dean






I love the Food Network. Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay, The Iron Chef, Ina Garten and many others entertain me for hours. One program I don't usually watch is Paula Dean. I love her upbeat attitude and her rags to riches story, but frankly, her food is just too rich for me. However, I was channel surfing the other day and a dessert she was making caught my eye. It is so easy and so delicious you will definitely want to try it. Here it is.






Lady Finger Cake






1 large package of lady fingers (split lady fingers down the middle)



1 pint whipping cream



1 pint marscapone cheese



1 can blueberry pie filling



1 can lemon-lime frozen concentrate






Lay split lady fingers side by side in a large pyrex dish and cover the whole bottom. Paint the lemon lime mixture on the lady fingers.






In a bowl, mix whipping cream until thick, but not completely thick. Keep it a little bit runny. Mix in marscapone cheese. Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the lady fingers. Then top with 1/2 of the blueberry pie mixture. Repeat this process with another layer of lady fingers, lemon lime concentrate, whipping cream mixture and finally blueberry mixture.






Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours before eating. This is spectacular.






No comments:

Post a Comment