Thursday, February 18, 2010

More New Restaurants

Every time I see a new restaurant open in this economy I say to myself, "What are they thinking"? I guess they're thinking they'll be the one to find success in this poor economy. How are they getting financing? This is another mystery. Anyway, despite my questions, several more new restaurants have opened in our area, or will soon open.





Souplantation (http://www.souplantation.com/) has long been a restaurant that I have stayed away from. Not because I didn't like the food, but because I liked it too much. Salads, soups, potatoes, pasta, pizza, muffins, yogurt, what's not to like? I didn't go there because I always overate, after all I wanted to get my money's worth. Well, lately Souplantation is offering lots of specials, coupons and such, which have brought the price of lunch and dinner down considerably. Check out their website. It's great. They have lots of good nutritional choices, and a varying menu. They are opening in Encinitas, in the center where Trader Joe's is located, on the site of a closed furniture store. I am looking forward to eating there, reminding myself that the price is the price, whether I eat 500 calories or 2000 calories.





Another new addition to Encinitas is the Naked Cafe. They are on El Camino Real in the same center as Home Goods. The Naked Cafe serves good, nutritious food, and lots of it. This is a great restaurant for splitting. They serve breakfast and lunch only, several Asian stirfrys, sandwiches on hearty multigrain bread, burritos, eggs of all kinds, and huge pancakes. They are also located in Solana Beach and Carlsbad.

North County continues to grow, and that means more restaurant choices. Here are two more healthy choices to add to a growing list.







Not open yet, but under construction, is East Village Asian, also in Encinitas. It is on Coast Highway, right near the Lumberyard. I don't have any information on when it will open, but I will be sure to check it out. I'm not sure if it's Chinese or Japanese (or neither) or Asian fusion. I'll let you know.





If you have new restaurants to tell me about, please leave a comment on the blog and I will try to check them out. I'm always looking for new and interesting spots to dine.

No comments:

Post a Comment