Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Elevation Burger Reaches New Heights


I've been waiting patiently for months for Elevation Burger to open in Bressi Ranch, Carlsbad. Finally my waiting was rewarded. One recent weekday afternoon I stopped in for a quick burger and fries. I had been by the restaurant once before but it was so busy I delayed my visit until another time. Word gets around quickly when the food is good.

Elevation Burger first opened in 2005. It was the brainchild of Hans Hess and his wife April. They had left California for the east coast in 1999, and we dissatisfied with the burgers they were finding. So, after several years of research they developed a concept and opened their first Elevation Burger location. Their philosophy was to create an elevated product by using fresh and flavorful ingredients. Everything served in the restaurant is 100% certified organic, 100% grass fed beef, 100% free range beef, all beef ground in house, and potatoes for fries cut in house too. You can't get much fresher than that. Right now they have about 2 dozen locations, Carlsbad and soon to open San Diego are the only ones in California. They are now being franchised.

I ordered the 1 beef patty burger with about 6 different toppings. The list of toppings is long, maybe a dozen items or more, which can be added to your burger to make it exactly the way you want it. (don't expect it rare, though). They also have a burger wrapped in a lettuce leaf (protein style) for those that are watching their carbs. My burger was delicious. It's very similar to the 5 Guys burger, but this one is made with grass fed rather than grain fed beef. I don't think you'll be able to tell the difference, but the grass fed beef is much leaner, and probably healthier. I also had the fries. They were excellent. They are thin cut and fried nice and crispy, just the way I like them. The menu also has shakes, which looked wonderful. The menu has a few vegetarian items, like a grilled cheese sandwich and a veggie burger. There is something for everyone.

I loved the food, the atmosphere (bustling) and the help. The servers were well trained, friendly and efficient. As soon as a table was vacated, someone came to clean it. My food came out in less than 5 minutes, and someone even came to my table while I was eating to ask if everything was all right. I'll be back again soon, and look for Elevation Burger to be a big hit in Carlsbad.

No comments:

Post a Comment