Friday, March 6, 2009

What's this blog all about?

I've been giving advice for many years, but only when I'm asked! So here I am, age 64, on my own blog, giving advice. Actually, the purpose of this blog is three fold. One, to inform my readers about new ways of spending, or should I say SAVING their money on shopping, dining out, entertainment and travel. In these difficult times there is no reason that we shouldn't be going to the movies, theatre, vacations, restaurants and eating just as we always did. But we have to be SMART. That's where I can help. I will be out and about everyday, to discover how and where we can save and I will pass that information on to you on a weekly basis. I am located in North San Diego County, so much of my information will focus on this area, especially restaurant deals. The second purpose of this blog is to allow you, the reader, to inform me! Yes, if you know of a great deal that I have not mentioned and you think would be of interest to this group, please let me know. Finally, I hope to give you a few laughs as I tell you about my experiences trying to find new ways in these challenging times to save a buck.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,
    have you used the gift certificates from restaurant.com? That seems like an excellent deal. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...about a month ago I bought a bunch of certificates from restaurant.com. I have used them four times and am so pleased at how easy they are that I bought a few more the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when my daughter came back from Florida last year, she said she had tired greek yogart and loved it.I had never tried it. We found the same yogart here in Pittsburgh that she ate in Florida- called Fage- in the health food dairy section. we have tried many and like this the best. it's sold at several places around here, as well as Florida, so it souldnt be too hard to find. love your breakfast ideas

    ReplyDelete