Friday, April 3, 2009

March Madness Munchies



March Madness will end on Monday, and one thing we know for sure, the game will be exciting. Part of the fun of watching sports on TV is the eating and drinking that accompanies the game. I have a great recipe for munching, and it is healthy.

Last week I bought a bag of small white beans at the 99cent store for minestrone soup, which was part of my $1.00 lunch experiment. I had plenty of beans left over, so for about $.50, I made the following recipe, which I hope you will like.

White Bean Hummus with Pita

2 cups white beans cooked and drained (or you can use canned beans, drained)

2T. tahini (available in Middle Eastern markets or International section of market)

2T. lemon juice

2 cloves minced garlic (or more, depending on taste)

2 tsp. dried oregano

1 tsp. sage

salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in blender and pulse until desired consistency is achieved. You can puree it very well, or keep it a bit chunky. Your choice. Serve with pita chips, sliced pita bread, or veggies. You may need to add a little water to thin, or a little more lemon juice. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment