Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nothing Goes to Waste

A few days ago my mom called me and wanted to know what to do with a tasteless honeydew melon. It smelled great, it was just the right firmness, but thefruit was absolutely flavorless. I didn't have any ideas at the time, but I have found a few good recipes, and want to share one with you. She threw her melon out, but I have since tried this one and think you'll enjoy it. It's a great salad to bring to a picnic or barbeque. If you have any other recipes or ideas to bring back to life a tasteless melon, please let me and my readers know.

Honeydew Salad, Mojito Style
  • 4 cups honeydew chunks
  • 2 T. fresh lime juice
  • 3 T. chopped cilantro leaves and stems
  • 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
  • sugar to taste

Mix all ingredients, refrigerate for several hours, giving the honeydew a chance to absorb the various flavors. This salad is fresh and delicious, tastes like a mojito. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment