Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Great Websites

Sometimes I go to the computer to look up something, and two hours later I'm still there, reading about something completely unrelated. One thing leads to another, and before you know it you've missed your favorite TV show.

One website that I never tire of is Whole Foods (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/). There is an endless amount of information on food, how it is grown, where it comes from, and lots of recipes. My favorite section of the site is the Whole Foods Blog. They have posts about herb gardening, how to boost your Omega 3 fatty acids, how to help stop illegal fishing, and almost anything else you can think of. They also have links to various blogs on food and health related issues.

They have a wonderful recipe section, where I guarantee you will get some new cooking ideas. How about an apple sandwich? Apple slices take the place of bread, and the sandwich is filled with peanut butter and raisins. A new twist on an old favorite. I'm always looking for good websites, so send me your favorites, and I will check them out and possibly add them to my list of favorites.

Another favorite of mine is Epicurious (http://www.epicurious.com/). This site has great recipes from Bon Apetite and Gourmet, plus lots of food related articles. It's a great resource when looking for something new to try.

I'm very into organic gardening, eating healthy, and especially reducing my carbon footprint, and in my meanderings I discovered Treehugger.com(http://www.treehugger.com/). It's not what it sounds like. I know you're probably thinking it's some way out hippie site with all kinds of weird ideas. Not at all. It is a basic website for anyone who wants facts, for example, about how to upgrade your house to make it more energy efficient. It has everything from information about cars, alternative fuel, home design of the future, science and technology that is new and exciting, and much, much more. It is really very interesting and informative.

Finally, Henry's (http://www.henrysmarket.com/) has interesting health and beauty articles, food and how it's grown articles, lots of recipes, and of course all their weekly specials. It's a good website, but doesn't compare with Whole Foods website. Every company has a website today, and some of them are superb. When you're in the mood, pick one and spend a few minutes exploring. That's what I've done with some of these, and I continue to go back, again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment