Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brett's Barbeque is Great

My husband LOVES barbeque, and when we first moved to North County, there was literally nowhere to get it. Then we discovered Phils Barbeque (http://www.philsbbq/) in San Diego. It is delicious, but quite a drive for those of us in North County. Then, about two years ago, Bretts Barbeque (http://www.brettsbbq/) opened in Encinitas. It is just fantastic, especially if you like smoked barbeque as opposed to open fire cooking.

Housed in a shopping center on Encinitas Boulevard that had been home to many restaurants in the past, all short lived, Bretts seems to be here to stay. Their menu is a typical barbeque menu, consisting of pork ribs, beef ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and sausage. You can get one meat item or combinations. They also have delicious french fries and sweet potato fries. The portions are huge. Each meal comes with two side dishes which include the fries, cole slaw, hush puppies, beans, and my favorite, corn pudding. I could make a meal of the corn pudding. It's sort of like a corn souffle, very rich and creamy and it goes so well with the ribs.

In addition to beer and soft drinks, Brett's offers sweet tea, a southern favorite. Brett's also has several wonderful salads. When I'm eating light I will often order the house salad, which includes a hardboiled egg, and eat off Ron's plate. (he just loves that!). But it is enough. Sharing is IN at Brett's. On my last visit I just HAD to try the bread pudding, so I ordered a salad for dinner and had the bread pudding for dessert. I was not disappointed. It was delicious, and enough for four to share. So next time you're in the mood for some great barbeque, give Brett's a try. I think you'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment