Monday, October 31, 2011

Cool and Refreshing

Here's my first Monday blog that's not about me! Instead, I've got a most delicious and refreshing, and low calorie drink for you. I was at the Farmer's Market in Little Italy on a warm Saturday recently with Linda, my friend from Bakersfield. It was hot and we were thirsty, so we stopped for a refreshing drink. It was basically a lemonade stand, but the drink was much more than lemonade. There were several options. I got the lemonade cucumber and mint combination. Other choices included lemonade with ginger, and tea with pomegranete juice. It was so good I went to the market the next week to buy a cucumber and experiment. Here's what I came up with.

Lemonade Cucumber and Mint Chiller



2 T. cucumber pulp, pureed
2 T. mint, finely chopped
3/4 c. lemonade
1/4 c. seltzer

Peel cucumber, halve, and remove seeds. Cut into chunks, add a little water (just enough to blend), and puree in the blender.

Take a large glass, add a few ice cubes. Add about 2 T. chopped mint, and 2 T. cucumber puree. Fill glass 3/4 full with lemonade, then add 1/4 cup seltzer. Shake or stir vigorously. For a completely calorie free drink substitute Crystal Light Lemonade or Vitamin Water (0 calorie lemonade flavor) for regular lemonade. It's just as good and no calories at all. This is a great summertime drink, but don't wait until then to try it. It is good any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment