Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Odds and Ends

Just a few little odds and ends to tell you about today. Miguels Cucina is opening soon in Carlsbad, where Marie Calendar's used to be on Palomar Airport Road and the 5. They are completely rebuilding the property. Also in Carlsbad, Pat and Oscar's has finally closed.

I recently learned of a new website that offers 30% discounts on your entire bill. It's an interesting concept. For $10 you make a reservation at any one of dozens of restaurants, then your entire party gets 30% off the bill, including drinks. The only problem right now is that they are NOT in San Diego yet. They are in Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Denver, Atlanta, and San Francisco, and I hope they'll be here soon. I know a lot of you travel or have friends and family in these cities, so check it out. It is www.savored.com. I enrolled (free) already, and will use it when I go to LA or Denver. All the restaurants represented are high end, expensive ones. For example, in LA they have Drago, Josie, and Campanile on the list. Check them out.

I've got to tell you about my new favorite food bargain. Have you seen the Burger King ads for their mini sundaes? I got a craving the other night, and we stopped by the Burger King in Encinitas. I had a carmel sundae with soft serve ice cream for $1.00. They also have hot fudge, oreo, and peach. What a deal, and it is delicious.

That's all for now. Those of you who live south of Solana Beach need to let me know if there are any relevant openings or closings in your area. I've been focusing on North County recently because that's where I am, but I'd be happy to check out other new places. Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment