Monday, October 17, 2011

Phase Three-Week Two

Ron has been home for 82 glorious days. We have settled into a "normal" routine. This is the first time in 40 years that I can remember not thinking about the future in the way I used to think. I used to be focused on events, like the end of the school year, a family vacation, the end of tax season, a son leaving for college, etc. Those were the events by which I gauged time. I don't have those events anymore, and I look at the future differently. I look at my calendar for the rest of the year and most of what I have on the calendar are day to day events, like working out, playing bridge, working, going to a movie. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are both living more "In the moment." That is a good thing. Keeping healthy and happy on a daily basis is more the goal. The future is important, but it doesn't mean a thing without good health.

My writing about our journey during the past 22 months is just about over. I will continue to write once a month. I don't feel I have enough to say to you on a week to week basis, so I'm moving to a monthly format. I will update you on our progress on the first Monday of every month.

Ron and I continue to work on our own relationship. I think marriage is an evolving institution, as we are both changing all the time. We continue to try to help other men and their families that are going through circumstances similar to ours. We are talking with a family right now, who although their circumstances are very different, are hopefully benefitting from our experience. Ron finds this work very cathartic. I too, feel so good helping another wife or mother prepare for what she faces. I call this a "journey" and I don't think my journey is over. It's reached another level, one that's not quite as interesting to readers as the past 22 months. I will continue, however, to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment