Tuesday, May 5, 2009

AFew Travel Tidbits

From time to time I come across a few travel specials some of you may want to hear about. I keep up on travel industry, as I still work part time as a travel agent. So here are a few tips to save you lots of money.

Cars rentals have been creeping higher and higher. Finally, there is some relief. Hotwire(http://www.hotwire.com/) is renting cars for as little as $15 a day. I checked Denver ($30), Miami ($20), and San Francisco ($18). Apparently what they do is take the overstock of various rental companies and offer them at vastly reduced rates.

Want to try something new and luxurious in Las Vegas? Steve Wynn's latest hotel, The Encore Las Vegas, can be booked thru Travelocity for as little as $149. I hear it is spectacular.

Finally, as the temperature in the Carribbean rises, hotel prices drop dramatically. For everyone who loves heat and humidity (yes, there are some that love it), try Jamaica. Breezes Montego Bay and Breezes Runaway Bay, both beautiful luxury properties, are under $150 per room per night (not per person). All the Carribbean Islands are on sale from May-September, and if you like the warm weather, that is the place to go. I will continue to keep you posted on travel specials as I run across them, and wish you happy travels, wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment