Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Best Airfare Deal I've EVER Seen

I have been in the travel business since 1989, and the deal I'm going to tell you about, thanks to my friend Carole, is the best I've ever seen. How about airfare from San Diego to Monterey, California, for $9 each way? Yes, that is correct. I just checked it again this morning, and although you will have to be flexible on travel dates, using this airfare and some reasonable hotels in the Carmel/Monterey area could land you a killer trip at an easy to live with price.

Allegiant Airlines(www.allegiantair.com) is the web site to go to. Now you must realize for this price you get absolutely nothing but a seat. Everything is extra. Extras include checked luggage and confirmed seating. So if you carry on your luggage, the roundtrip airfare is $18 plus tax. Make a wonderful three day trip by combining Carmel and Monterey. There is much to do there, especially with our beautiful weather, and some wonderful restaurants to explore. All you have to do is get a car (that's pretty cheap these days, try hotwire.com), and a hotel. Even in pricy Carmel hotels are hurting, so there are deals out there just waiting for you. This may be the best deal I ever come up with, so check it out. If you're on a budget, skip a round of golf at Pebble Beach. Just look. The view is magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment