Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Trolley Dances 2010 San Diego


I can't know everything, so luckily I have a great group of friends who tell me about restaurants and cultural events in the San Diego that I have missed. I was at lunch yesterday with 8 well informed women who let me know I had missed a great San Diego tradition. So here it is, and just in time. The trolley dances end on Sunday, October 3, so you still have plenty of time to enjoy the show.

The way it was explained to me is this. You buy a ticket a proceed to the historic County Administration Building to begin your tour. You board a trolley along with many others and are taken from place to place and see dance troupes at each stop. The tour goes from the Administration Building to the New Children's Museum and the new Hilton Bayfront with stops in between for site-specifice dance created by Jean Isaacs and Monica Bill Barnes. Led by volunteer guides, audience members get on and off the trolley at specific stations to view the pieces, which are set in unexpected locations. Call 619 225 1803 for further information. Prices range from $10-$30. It sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. It's something quite different, that's for sure. Thank you Vivian and Paula for bringing this to my attention. If I wasn't going to be visiting with my kids from Colorado and grandson Lennon this weekend, I would definitely try to see this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment