Thursday, September 16, 2010

Websites I Like

The best restaurants don't necessarily have the best websites. The converse is also true. I have several great websites to share with you. Most are from restaurants I like, but don't necessarily love. Yet their websites are interesting, with recipes, food information and some great pictures. I do love most of the chain restaurant websites, if only for the nutritional information they provide. Here are some favorites.

Roy's Restaurant in La Jolla (and worldwide) is a place I know I will always get a good meal. www.roysrestaurant.com is a great site to see local special events, menu changes and recipes. It's got more than the typical restaurant website which gives you just the menu, hours and a few pictures.

Sea Rocket in North Park is a very good restaurant but has the best website of any restaurant I have checked. My favorite part of the website is the map which shows every food item on the menu and what local farm it came from. Talk about knowing where you food comes from! Check out www.searocketbistro.com.

I have to mention the websites of both Whole Foods and Henry's. Whole Foods is my favorite, and although these are markets, they also serve prepared food to eat on site, so I guess you could also call them restaurants. The Whole Foods website has a blog, recipes, articles about food trends and general health articles. Henry's also has a good website, including weekly specials at the market.

Prep Kitchen, a new restaurant in Del Mar has an interesting blog on their website. One of their owners just came back from a trip to Italy which he chronicled in a blog. He travelled the Amalfi Coast and other areas in the region to learn about wine, cheese making and cured meats. It's a very nice travel journal.

Check out the website of your favorite restaurants and let me and the readers of this blog know if you find anything really interesting. I'd love to know. It's amazing to me that restaurants can use their website to educate and inform the public, besides promote their own product. Ah, the wonders of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment