Friday, January 1, 2021

Bigfoot Natural Cafe is Big On Flavor

 About once a month I get together for coffee or lunch with Audrey.  She is a friend whom I met at the Encinitas Y many years ago.  We took aerobics and spin classes together for years, and when I moved to Oceanside and she decided not to rejoin the Y, we vowed to keep up our friendship.  We have been meeting once a month for years.

Audrey is a vegan, so I am happy to find a restaurant she likes for lunch.  In December we tried Bigfoot Natural Cafe in Carlsbad.  They've been open for two years, but this was our first visit, but not our last.

It's not anything fancy, and it's mostly take out, but their menu items are delicious.  I ordered chickpea tacos with a side salad of black beans and sweet potatoes, topped with a cilantro/lime dressing.  Audrey had jackfruit tacos.  I had never had jackfruit before, and I'm still not sure what it tastes like because there were lots of spices (not spicy) in the dish.  She loved it.

There are salads on the menu, vegetable stews, mac and cheese just to name a few of the varied choices.  I would recommend this for anyone shopping at Sprouts on North Santa Fe Rd in Carlsbad who wants to stop in for lunch.  Food is really great, and the owners are a nice young family that I like to support.


No comments:

Post a Comment