Friday, January 29, 2021

What Have You Done This Year?

 We often focus on the negative, talk about how we've had to stay home for months, how we can't go out to plays, dinner, gatherings, etc., yet for some, the last 10 months have proved very productive.  

  Think about the positive, and all you have accomplished in this time.  I have rediscovered how to cook.  At one time I was an excellent cook, but over time I became bored and uninterested.  Now, I am making fancy cookies, desserts, breads, poke bowls, sushi  and homemade vodkas and brandys.   I bought a new mixer which is giving me great pleasure. 

My grandson Lennon decided he wanted to learn to play the piano, so he started taking on line lessons, and is doing very well.  My grandson Calvin learned to ride his bike, and is learning to read!  My son Phil has taken up drawing, again taking on line lessons and doing well.  My niece Alison is also doing a lot of art work.  She also found a job during this period which she really loves.  My daughter-in-law Tracy is enjoying puzzles, something I have taken to as well.

So many people have taken up playing a muscial instrument.  Everything is on line, with instruction and sheet music right there for you.  Violin, trumpet, guitar, you name it, there are lessons for you online. 

I have also learned to fix stuff.  Thank you UTube.  I can fix my toilet and a broken table!  I'm surprising even myself.

So instead of whining about what you can't do, think about what you CAN do and HAVE done over the past ten months.  Probably much more than you think you have.  Let's keep it going, just a few more months.  We're getting out of this soon, I think!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment