Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I Got My Stimulus Check

After about a week of waiting for the stimulus check to appear in my bank account, I was getting worried.  I went to the government web site and filled in a little information, and found out that my money would be mailed to me on January 6.  That seemed odd, since the last stimulus check went into my checking account, and that is how everyone else I knew had gotten their check.  My money came in the form of a credit card on January 8.  

I don't know how the powers that be decided who gets the credit card and who gets direct deposit.  I was annoyed with getting my money  by credit card because of several reasons.  You have to go through a phone call with the bank to get the card up and working.  Then, if you lose the card, it is not replaceable.  It's just like cash.  Also, it is a complicated procedure to transfer the money to your bank account, and finally, if you choose just to use it as a credit card, there are some purchases that might have bank fees.  So they give you $600, then charge you fees to use the card!!!

It seems that the goal of issuing a credit card, is to get you to spend the money to stimulate the economy.  That is what most people will do anyway, at least the people that really need the money.  If wealthy people get the government money (or a portion of it), they will put it in the bank.  I just think that everyone should have received the money in the same way.  It is so much easier to lose a credit card after you've activated it, or to never receive it because of mail theft.  I hope everyone got their money, especially those that so desperately needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment